Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sept 6--Sunday in Bogota

Today, we went back to The United Church of Bogota, an international English speaking church. Again, it felt so good to be there. What a reminder of how God is the God of the world! It is hard to explain just how wonderful it feels to worship in another country, amidst different people and a different culture. 

For lunch, we had plantains, which are becoming one of Trisha's favorites. Lucia does not care for them, but was kind enough to smile for the picture!
In the afternoon, we went to Juan Valdez and Parque 93 (becoming quite a routine for us!) This picture is taken as we are entering the park.
The park was packed with families today (probably b/c it is Sunday). Little groupings of folks sitting on picnic blankets decorated the park. The apparent enjoyment people have for being at the park is lovely. I hope we take this back with us.

A shout out to my homies!

Silas and I left early to get him back for his nap. I tried to capture the moment...looks like Silas is really ready for that nap.
This afternoon, Brian said that he would be so happy if we had hamburgers for dinner. And guess what was waiting for us at dinner-- Hamburgers! He was one happy man. Notice the plate of cucumbers. We tried to order pickles, but instead got served a plate of cucumbers for our hamburgers! We just smiled. Also, just an interesting thing to note-- ketchup and mustard come in bags. You can see the mustard bag in the corner of this picture. They are a little tricky to use, but we are getting used to them.

3 comments:

Margaret Days said...

I love, love, love this blog! Thank you for sharing. It seems to make me smile, even on a hard day! We can't wait until you guys get home! love and hugs to all!

Tanya said...

I agree, as soon I open the blog I'm greated with two of the cutest smiles and I can't help but smile, too! Glad Brian got his hamburger :)

KEVA said...

nothing beats good parks and hamburgers!