Monday, September 7, 2009

Sept 7-- Beginning of week 5, but who is counting!

It is truly hard to believe that we have been in Bogota for 4 weeks! Time has moved quickly and we are enjoying our time here so much. As of today, we do not know when our Sentencia (court date) is. We trust the Lord knows what lies ahead and have peace in Him. (And yes, we are praying we get home quickly :)
The Halifax calendar. Our return ticket is for September 19. We hope to be on that plane!
Silas loves playing. Today, he began sitting up much more sturdier on his on and for a longer time.
I keep taking pictures of the food b/c I don't want to forget how to make it or present it. I am hoping to make a small cookbook of our favorite foods and to put pictures with the recipes. This is the avocado salad that we have nearly every day at lunch. Brian and Lucia do not like avocados so I get to eat them. This is my favorite part of the meal!
Plantains with cheese...another yummy treat.
There are now 10 children at the Halifax Hotel. 7 children are Norwegian and 2 are Swedish. There are 2 little girls, which is great for Lucia. We were told that we are the 3rd American family this year at the hotel. While we are enjoying our friends, we would love to have some fellow Americans here at the hotel with us. 
We got Lucia some body glitter and she is loving it. She asks to be called Princess Sparkles. When she put in on her, she said, "I am a princess b/c I feel like a princess!". Makes our hearts smile.
I braided and beaded some of Lucia's hair.
Princess Sparkle with beads!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

TO PRINCESS SPARKLE -- You are a very beautiful princess! I love your braids and beads! It looks like you are doing a lot of really fun things. That's great! We're sending more hugs and kisses and lots of love to you all! -- Mimi

KEVA said...

can you do my hair like that too?!? Kids are growing!!! Glad to hear silas is sitting up and lucia is getting some play mates!