Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 19--Move over Starbucks, Juan Valdez is in town!

You probably know how much I (Trisha) like Starbucks. Well now there is competition, which I never thought could happen until I went to Juan Valdez. It is a "high class" coffee shop, much like Starbucks, located throughout the area. Lucia and I split a drink (can't remember the name of it), but it was delicious. We plan to return many times!!! I must admit that I was a little skeptical at first b/c I remember all the Juan Valdez commercials of the early 90's. I had to erase my thoughts of that. Now I am a big fan and welcome him to my window with his donkey and a cup of coffee any morning!

Well, for posterity sake, check it out: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQAAfVvvOU

Walking the streets of Bogota. It is very, very, very crowded here. The sidewalks are filled with people and little shops. Bogota alone has twice as many people in the city as South Carolina has in the entire state (from what we hear). The streets are packed with cars, taxis, mopeds, and the occasional horse and cart. We are vigilant at all times. Notice the wrist band that connects Brian and Lucia. It helps us stay close but not get too clammy holding hands. Lucia is a trooper, as she walked for nearly 2 1/2 hours today around Bogota without complaining. God's grace.
Our handsome fellow, pooped after a long day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling very envious of your yummy coffee as I sit here drinking regular Maxwell House stuff! :) Apparently I haven't had enough of mine either b/c I had to go back and re-read thinking you said you and Lucia had "spilt" one...
Thinking of ya'll often and praying for God's continued grace and blessings. We love ya'll and the kiddos are loving following along with their newest cousin!

KEVA said...

i never thought starbucks could have competition! Wish I could be there to enjoy the tasting... lol to waking up with Juan and donkey in the window. Cute pic of mr. sleepyhead

Meg said...

Oh man! I bet the coffee is AMAZING! Trisha, I know you guys are totally busy, but would you check your email from me when you get a second? It's kind of a secret as to why!! Thank you! Meg

Tanya said...

The best part of waking up...My Folgers isn't sounding near as good. Enjoy a cup for me!

Unknown said...

Yea, and my instant Wal-Mart Great Value Decaf sounds really bad -- and probably tastes really bad in comparison! Enjoy! LOL

Loving the updates, photos. Love and hugs to you all, and lots of kisses to Lucia and Silas. <><