Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Looking back--Adopting Kaylee

When we told Lucia that we would be adopting again (about a year ago), we told her that she would be able to get an American Girl doll. Her doll has been sitting in my closet since February. The Sunday morning that we left for Atlanta for our trip to Bogota, we had her baby's adoption day. We enacted it just like it would go with Silas. Lucia got all dressed up, and her husband "Mr. Rubber Duck" (yes, on her own she married him last year and talks of him constantly) and their baby, Isabel, were there for the adoption. Brian video taped it. I pretended to be the adoption worker. I gave her adoption papers for her and Mr. Rubber Duck to sign. And then I took her outfit into another room and dressed her baby in it. I then walked her baby in and presented her to her new family. It was very sweet. And we hoped that it would prepare her for how Silas would be adopted.
Lucia named her baby Kaylee and she is with us on our trip. In fact, she came with us to Silas's adoption day. Lucia has a dress just like hers, so they were dressed alike. She loves her baby. Lucia held on the Kaylee during the adoption, but when she had a chance to hold Silas, she pushed Kaylee aside and said she wanted to hold her brother. I found that very sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there guys,
Your children are sooo beautiful! It is so great to see Silas, praise God that you were able to welcome this new boy into your family. I remember when Lucie was born and how precious that experience was I rejoice to see you welcome a new life into your famliy congradulations!
I love you guys so much
Tish