Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 29--Feeling Better

Dr. Clamencia came by today and gave us clean bill of health, for the most part. Brian has a few more days of medication. But overall, we hope we are over a very long week! Lucia is relieved that she can now touch Silas and have some sweets.
For lunch, we went to the Parque 93 area and ate at La Taqueria, a Mexican restaurant. It was only the 3rd time we have eaten out in nearly 3 weeks. It was a nice change.
Doesn't Silas look like a big boy! Hard to believe he is 4 months. Of course, he could only hold this position for about 10 minutes and he was completely tuckered out, not to mention that it was very close to nap time.
While Brian went for a run, I took the kids to the book store for story time. Lucia was very happy to get back there and see Alejandra, who works at the store and handles the story time. She also speaks fairly good English which helps.

BTW, I am learning that I am not a fan of the sling. It cramps up Silas's legs and it puts him a sleep position no matter the different positions I try. At least it is comfortable for me. But I really wish I brought the Baby Bjorn.
Never too early to begin a love for books!
Lucia loves all the book selections. She picks out many of the books for Alejandra to help her with. She also enjoys just reading by herself. One thing is clear...She likes for me to sit away from this area on the couches so she can have her space with the other kids. I like her independence. She comes to check-in every now and then and then runs back to read.
We tried a different way of bathing Silas tonight. Thought he looked cute! But we need to work out the kinks of making it comfortable for him if we use the sink again.


2 comments:

Tanya said...

Brian and Trisha, I am loving getting to keep up with your adventures. Silas is growing so much already. And I can tell Lucia has grown, too. Can't wait for y'all to get home!

KEVA said...

Too cute bath pic! I am glad Lucia has been able to find "her space" at the bookstore. I can't believe how much Silas has grown in this short time. Glad yall are on a clean bill of health... bummer about the sling. Hugs