Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25--Shopping for Yarn

Olga Lucia, who works at our hotel, took Lucia and I shopping for yarn that was made in Colombia. I am going to make Silas a little blanket that is good for the stroller and sling. Olga knew just the spot and the three of us took a cab to her neck of the woods to yarn shop. 
Silas appears to love blankets. He sleeps on the one from his foster family. The two that he cuddles with are the ones I made after we got his referral (still can't believe I managed to make 2 blanket during that crazy hectic time...but I am so glad I did!)
It is so sweet how Silas sleeps. He hugs his blanket and turns on his side. He snuggles with it throughout the night.

4 comments:

Erin said...

How sweet! And how special that you have made him those blankets! I would love to learn to do that!

Ryan sleeps almost the same way...except he hugs his bumper pad!

SherryB said...

Absolutely adorable! What a beautiful family you have :)

Sherry Baker

KEVA said...

aww.. lil snuggler... so glad you have made those blankets that he is making memories with!

ARMM said...

Here's my first attempt at a comment.........
So glad you're updating the blog so frequently. It helps with the fact we can't just pick up the phone and call you. Keep it up and enjoy your special family bonding time, for you know chaos will begin the minute you get on the plane to come home!
We love and miss you!
ARMM